Polycarbonate Roof Nottingham
Your trusted roofing specialists … just a call away
Polycarbonate roofing is a good roofing option because they don’t have the limitations that metal roofs do. Polycarbonate roofs are made up from two layers: an inner sheet and outer sheets laid side by side over each other in alternating directions so as to form a grid pattern, which then gets coated with plastic resin making it very lightweight material while also being durable enough to withstand strong winds without sustaining much damage. Polycarbonate roofing systems use high strength polycarbonates that come with different textures and colors including translucent (clear), opaque white, browns/earthtones, green, blue, and purple. One of the best things about this roof type is that it’s fire-resistant, prevents sun damage to your interior due to UV rays (as opposed to metal roofs which can make your home or business hotter), has a low environmental impact and very soundproofing capabilities too!
Polycarbonated roofs may seem like they require more upkeep but this isn’t really true when you take into account the advantages this type of roof has. Polycarbonates are available in both transparent and opaque colors, which may be an option to consider for some homeowners who want a little privacy but still want the design features that polycarbonate offers such as its reflective surface or UV protective qualities.
Polycarbonate roof systems also have a thermal break component which will help it maintain the temperature inside your home or business in colder climates by keeping heat from escaping out through the roof, as well as UV protection which helps protect against sun damage over time too!
Polycarbonate roofing is a single-ply roof that’s applied to the exterior of your home and protects it from the elements. This type of roofing is lightweight which helps it to resist strong winds and hail damage, while the UV protection prevents sun damage over time too! Polycarbonate roofs also have the added benefit of being soundproof than other types of roofings (like metal) because they are made from high-strength polycarbonates that come in different textures, colors and translucent qualities – making them a great choice for colder climates where you would not want as much heat trapping inside your home or business.
Applications of polycarbonate roofing includes the following:
- architectural roofing
- wall panels
- garage doors, gates and storefronts.
Advantages of polycarbonate roofing include the following:
- soundproofing qualities which are ideal for colder climates because they can reduce wind-driven rain noise by up to 20%. This is due to their reflective properties since water droplets scatter as light hits them on the way down from the sky
- UV protection to help protect against sun damage over time – color and texture options come in different colors, textures, and translucent or opaque properties. This makes them a great choice for colder climates where you would not want so much heat trapping inside your home or business.
Limitations of polycarbonate roofing also exist
- they require more maintenance than other materials because it is made of high strength polycarbonates that come with the various colors mentioned above;
- this type of roofing does not last as long when exposed to weather elements such as wind, rain, snowstorms etc.;
- Polycarbonate roofs are also very expensive, they will cost more upfront (although may be cheaper overall) then some other types of roof material. The main issue with these roofs are during high-humidity climates – it can get hot and burn you on top of them. This makes this roof best for warehouses or other places where there’s no living space to be had on top of them like storage facilities.
We remain your reliable commercial roofing contractor for all your specialist roofing needs.
Fill out the form, or call us to set up a discuss or setup a meeting at
Let’s talk about your project