Our team of experienced professionals will work with you, whether it’s a new or existing building, we have the expertise to install any type of rubber roofing system on your property.
There are many roof types to choose from when you’re building a new home. We will quickly highlight various roof types, including their advantages and limitations. You’ll also get some helpful tips on how to select the best type of roof for your needs.
In Nottingham, buildings are either residential buildings, commercial buildings or industrial buildings.
Residential buildings include houses, suites of apartments and townhouses.
Commercial buildings include offices, shops and warehouses. Industrial buildings include factories, power plants or other industrial premises.
Industrial buildings include factories, power plants or other industrial premises.
Roof types for residential buildings like houses include
- Tile roofing, a good option as it’s relatively cheap to install but also very durable and long lasting. Tiling provides protection against rainwater entering your property while remaining attractive in appearance due to its versatility of design options. Tile roofs may require specialised waterproofing treatments due to their susceptibility to staining from rainwater. Roofs made of concrete are less common in the Nottingham than they used to be but can still be found on buildings that were constructed before 1980. The most important repair for this type of roof includes replacing any broken or missing tiles, and if the roof is in good condition then it’ll simply need to be cleaned. Tiles are not difficult to replace but they can become heavy when wet so you might want a professional help with this task. Repair may be necessary also when the roof is leaking. Curved tile roofing has been around for centuries but it’s still popular today due to its low cost, availability (you find them all over Europe), and good insulation qualities.
- Slate roofing. Slate roofing is excellent for protecting the house from leaks or other water damage.
- Apartment buildings will normally have roof types such as concrete tile roofing, which is durable and can be repaired easily.
- Townhouses will normally be fitted with roof types such as roofing shingles, which offer an attractive and affordable roof for single family homes.
- The best for detached and semi-detached houses and townhouses are called shingle roof, attractive and affordable. This type of material is great because it can be repaired easily with a little bit of tar or cement should any damage occur to your roof. An advantage that comes along with this type of roof is is its materials affordability; you will not need much money but end up getting a lot more out of what you invest into these products
Each type of roof has its advantages, such as not having to do much work in order to maintain them; however there are also disadvantages such as the material being too heavy or difficult to install for example. The most important factor that you need to consider is your budget because this will determine what kind of roof materials are available for you and which one suits your needs best.
Because we are professionals and roofing specialists, you will gain a lot of value and clarity discussing your roofing needs. Do not hesitate to contact us.
Your Reliable Local Roofers For Every Roofing Need
Fill out the form, or call us to set up a discuss or setup a meeting at